Here’s a few tips on how to get the most for your money when doing your supermarket shopping.
Please join in the discussion and leave your own tips in the comment form below !
- Visit the supermarket on the day the new deals come out (many supermarkets work on a weekly cycle). You’ll have the best chance of getting the stock before they get bought up by other deal hunters.
- Visit the supermarket close to closing time, that’s when perishable items like vegetables and bread get sold off at significant discounts.
- Stock up on special offers when they are available.
- In many cases you can combine offers so if you have a discount coupon you can often use it at the same time as a % off offer from the retailer themselves.
- Get to know the “standard” prices of things so you can tell when a deal is really a good deal or not.
- Take milk, yoghurt and other perishable items from the back of the shelves and check the dates. If you buy fresher food it probably means less chance you’ll be throwing it out.
- Check your receipt ! If you can find a pricing error, let the manager or customer service staff know. Many supermarkets will give you the product free and others will even give you a small gift voucher for the trouble.